Ahh I can’t believe that it’s now officially Christmas Eve, I’m feeling super festive and so so excited for tomorrow! To be honest I actually enjoy Christmas Eve as much as I do the actual day itself apart from the fact I’m working 9-5:30 today, since there’s so many yummy foods, new jammies and all the Christmas films.
So I’ve decided to share all of my favourite Christmas films, especially the ones that I love to snuggle up and watch on the night before Christmas or the day itself. Although I’m pretty sure that I would of forgotten some films since my mind always goes blank when I need to think of things!
- The Grinch; I think this is everyones favourite Christmas film is it now? It’s something that just makes me feel so good, plus now as a adult I get what he means by loathing, doing nothing, and when the outfit doesn’t look good you just decide not to go!
- ELF; Okay so this is actually joint first with the Grinch, I mean I don’t think I know anyone who doesn’t love Buddy the elf!
- A Nightmare Before Christmas; Some people say this is more of a Halloween film but I say it’s a all year film that just gets better at Halloween and Christmas.
- Miracle On 34th Street; Ever since I was little this has been one of my favourites since it’s not animated and it’s not a comedy as such. I just really love this film and think everyone needs to watch this at least once!
- Love Actually; Is it bad that I only found to this year that this is a Christmas film?!
- The Muppets Christmas Carol; I prefer this one over the original Christmas Carol and I think it has to do with the fact I was obsessed with The Muppets as a kid, and now I relate to Miss Piggy quite a lot.
- Home Alone – all of them; Even though I’m not that much of a fan of these films they’re traditionally Christmas – the boy creeps me out.
- The Santa Clause – all of them; Ahh I just love the comedic value of these films and I think the first and third are my favs but I do still love the second one too!
- The Holiday; This to me is like a great Christmas rom com, I just love everything about it.
- Four Christmases; This film makes me laugh and feel festive at the same time, while slightly wanting to go on holiday too . . .
- Jack Frost; I actually completely forgot about this film until one of my friends mentioned it to me, I don’t think I’ve actually watched it in years.
- Gavin And Stacey Christmas Special; Okay I know this technically isn’t a film but it’s just too good not to pt on the list!